1. ORGANIZED: 4 September 1917 as part of 88th Division
2. MOTTO: Toujours Pret (Always Prepared)
3. NICKNAME: Spearhead Regiment
a. Blue for Infantry, trimmed with a knotted fringe of yellow silk
b. American eagle in center
(1) In right talon, an olive branch of 13 leaves symbolizing peace and the original 13 colonies
(2) In left talon, 13 arrows of war
(3) On eagle's breast, the regimental crest
(4) In eagle's beak, scroll with Regimental motto, "Toujours Pret"
c. Minute-man, the crest of the Organized Reserve, above eagle's head
d. Scroll bearing Regiment's title, below all
e. Six streamers
(2) Garigliano (symbolizes award of Croix de Guerre)
(4) North Apennines (Gothic Line)
(5) Po Valley
(6) Combat Infantry Regiment
5. COAT OF ARMS: Shield
a. Blue: The color of the shield represents Infantry and fidelity
b. Stars: The big star at top represents the North Star (Minnesota is the "North Star State"); the other two stars are from the Minnesota state flag.
c. Fleur-de-Lis: This stands for the 351st's World War I service in France.
a. World War I:
b. World War II:
a. UNIT HONORS:
(1) Third Battalion awarded Distinguished Unit Badge for its part in capture of Volterra.
(2) Second Battalion awarded Distinguished Unit Badge for its part in capture of Mt. Capello.
(3) Entire 88th Division awarded French Croix de Guerre for campaigns from Gustav Line to Arno River
(4) Medical Company and Service Company - Meritorious Unit Streamers
b. INDIVIDUAL HONRS (WW2)
(1) 18 Distinguished Service Crosses
(2) 121 Silver Stars
(3) 529 lesser awards for valor
8. OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
a. Morgan Line, northern sector. Sept 45 - Feb 47
b. Trieste. Feb 47 -
Note: Date of document unspecified. Courtesy of National Archives, College Park Maryland.